Wednesday 22 January 2014

Don't Tell The Groom by Anna Bell


I would like to thank Quercus books for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.  I would also like to say sorry to them for taking so long to post this. 

What They Say:

Bride-to-be Penny discovers that she’s lost £10,000 of wedding savings playing online bingo. So that she doesn’t have to reveal her gambling secret, she convinces her fiancé Mark that they should have a Don't Tell The Groom themed wedding. Penny then has to plan a wedding fit for a princess on a shoestring budget. But, by the time she discovers that the true meaning of marriage isn’t a Vera Wang wedding dress or Jimmy Choos, will she still have a groom to marry?

What I Say: 

I didn't know what to expect when I started to read this book, especially when I read the blurb.

Penny on the face of it is selfish having wasted her money on online bingo, but having used these sites I know how easy it is to spend more than you planned and having friends that have got themselves into financial trouble, I did have sympathy with her when she discovered she hasn't enough for her wedding.

The books all about Penny trying to plan her wedding on a budget without telling her groom to be, she does start to get carried awayin parts but then it is her wedding after all.

A nice read that I enjoyed even though I prefer books with a bit more of a dark side to them. I would recommend to anyone who love chick-lit books.

4 out of 5 stars.

Read the first chapter of Don't Tell the Groom.
Out Now on Amazon, Sony, Kobo Nook and iBookstore. Paperback published by Quercus- 5th December 2013, pre-order now onAmazon

No comments:

Post a Comment