Monday 5 January 2015

Guest Review - Pieces of You by Ella Harper

Guest Review by Sarah Pritchard


What They Say:

Lucy. I don’t even know how to start this letter. 
Something happened. Something terrible . . .

Lucy was always sure of one thing – her future with husband and soulmate Luke. But after eight long, heartbreaking years trying to have a baby, that future is crumbling before her eyes.

When a terrible accident puts Luke into a coma, Lucy is forced to reassess everything she thought she wanted. 

Then a woman arrives with a shocking secret that will force Lucy to make the hardest decision of her life.  

As compelling and powerful as Jojo Moyes and Liane Moriarty, PIECES OF YOU is a heart-rending, haunting and ultimately life-affirming novel about a love tested to its limits. 

What Sarah Says:

This was such an emotional yet outstanding read!  There are not many books that actually make me cry but this was one of them.  I struggled to put it down and recommend it toabsolutely everyone!  It was so touching and beautifully written.

The story itself was quite heart breaking and of a topic that most people probably struggle to know how to deal with and what to do in it.  I really connected with the main character and it was hard to remember that I wasn’t actually in the book and part of the story.  I loved that it was written from each characters view point so you got the views and opinions of each person.  I found myself rooting for Lucy but also in a strange twist almost wanting Luke to be my book boyfriend.  I think you can empathise with each character and it is very well written to be able to get a feel for each of the characters, what they are going through and how they are feeling.  

I read this book quite a while ago and have only just got round to writing the review unfortunately but the story and the twist at the end has stayed with me since I read it.  I thought I knew what would happen and although predictable still could not put it down, however it turns out it wasn’t quite as predictable as I thought. 

I imagine there are some people that have had to deal with this kind of situation and I personally think that it was written and dealt with in an amazing and sensitive way.  Having been through something of a similar nature I can say that Ella got it spot on with this story in my own opinion.  I loved everything about this book it wasn’t all sad, doom and gloom there were happy uplifting bits in there too and it was just a fantastic read!
I think this book will stay with a lot of people after they have read it but I warn you – keep the tissues close by!

I can't wait to see what else this author writes and she is on my favourite author list.  This is definitely in my top 3 books of 2014!  



Thanks for a great review Sarah.


No comments:

Post a Comment