Thursday 24 March 2016

Review -Treasure of the Heart (Polwenna Bay 4) by Ruth Saberton


Arrive a stranger in Polwenna Bay, the picturesque Cornish fishing village full of drama and surprises, and leave as a friend. 

The heart is a deep ocean of treasure… 

For twenty-two years Issie Tremaine’s wild behaviour has driven her family to distraction. Now, with the future she’d dreamed of in tatters, she’s returned home to try and forget the past. When a huge winter storm and the arrival of a handsome stranger cause upheaval in the village there is an even greater tempest in Issie’s heart. Dare she trust again? Or will she only face more betrayal? 

As a professional treasure hunter, American Luke Dawson can’t risk any distractions. With his reputation hanging in the balance he’s staking everything on a major find in England and daren’t let anyone get in his way. Not even the passionate and free spirited girl he can’t stop thinking about. 

Alice Tremaine’s world has been her family. Since the death of her daughter-in-law she’s single handedly raised her grandchildren, often at the expense of her own happiness. Now they are grown up, Alice is resigned to a quiet life in Polwenna Bay until her past returns to challenge her and awaken a love she’d thought long lost … 

With a stormy start to the New Year, secrets and fears are swept away with the crashing tides and long forgotten truths are laid bare. What treasure lies beneath the ocean and in the hidden depths of hearts? And who will be brave enough to claim it? 

I would like to thank Author Ruth Saberton for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

If you've read my other reviews you will know how much I love this series so when I heard that the latest was about to be published I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  Although this is book 4 in The Polwenna Bay series it can be read as a standalone as can the other but I would recommend starting at book 1.

This story follows Issie and Luke's story.  Issie has always been a great character in the other books and finally I got to see what made her tick.  In this book Ruth reveals a lot more of Issie's backstory and it made me understand a lot of what she had done in previous books.

Luke is a totally new character to the series and for some reason I just couldn't take to him the same as I have done with all the Tramaine boys.  Don't get me wrong he is a great character but for me there was just that something that didn't click.

I loved that we also got to see more of Alice and get lost love.  It also helps understand how she has become such a matriarch for her family and would do anything for each of them.

I love to seaside town of Polwenna and would love for it to be a real town and then I could visit all the places that are mentioned.

I really enjoyed the story on a whole but at times I did find I was struggling, with the other books I couldn't wait to see what happened, with this it didn't feel the same.  Personally I think it's because I didn't take to Luke.  It is a great addition to the series and I look forward to visiting Polwenna Bay again soon.



Ruth Saberton always knew she wanted to be a writer. From an early age she was busy filling note books with stories and rather than hero worshipping Wham and Duran Duran (which ages her!) Ruth's heroes were Jilly Cooper and Jackie Collins. Several attempts at bodice rippers later, Ruth turned her attention to romance and now focuses on writing romantic comedies. Her debut novel, 'Katy Carter Wants a Hero' was championed by Richard and Judy and nominated for the RNA's Romantic Comedy of the Year Award as well as being described by Heat Magazine as, 'the heir apparent to Bridget Jones'. Ruth writes under her own name, but also has several pen names which include Jessica Fox, Georgie Carter, Holly Cavendish and Lucy Hepburn. Her boyfriend says he has many women all rolled into one! 

Ruth is published by Orion, Pan Macmillan, Harper Collins and Notting Hill Press. Although she loves the UK, Ruth now lives in the Caribbean where she continues to write romances, teen novels and planning that bodice ripper! Her latest book, Escape for the Summer, is set in Cornwall but she is currently writing one set on Grand Cayman.

Ruth loves to to talk to her readers. Interact with her on her website www.ruthsaberton.co.uk on Twitter @ruthsaberton 
or via Facebook www.facebook.com/ruthsabertonauthor


No comments:

Post a Comment